Monday, April 18, 2016

How to be Single

HOW TO BE SINGLE by LIZ TUCCILLO



Thoughts on the book:

This book is about 5 women in their mid to late thirties who are not quite friends but are trying to survive being single in New York together.  Their individual situations are unrealistic, sad, amusing and just plain uninteresting.  Keeping in mind that I am the target audience, I'd call the book mediocre.  Going in with high expectations, I found that I could not get very interested, though there were some parts that made me giggle.  I would give the book 3 stars out of 5.

Thoughts on the movie:

Oh, where do I start?  I found the main character, Alice, quite unlikable.  She is in her early twenties and seems to have no idea how the real world works.  Rebel Wilson was the best part of the movie.  She was funny and slightly shocking, everything you expect Rebel Wilson to be.  It gets old pretty quick, though.  Honestly, it took everything I had to not leave halfway through and I'm pretty sure my mom fell asleep.  I'd give the movie 1 star out of 5. 

Conclusion:
Even though this was on my list of books that are becoming movies, I found that the two had absolutely nothing to do with each other.  Since the release of this movie, I have been unable to find any legitimate link between the two.  I think the author, Liz Tuccillo may have come to her senses and decided that she didn't want her book being remotely tied to this movie.  If that's the case, she's a very smart woman.

Join me next time for my review of The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy!

Brandi

No comments:

Post a Comment